With 6 extreme weather events costing over $1 billion each in 2019 already (as of early July), we know we need to adapt to this new normal caused by climate change.
But how? A new The Resilience Center is embracing this challenge, with a goal of reaching one billion people with resilience solutions by 2030.. So, where do we start?
Listen to this Kathy Baughman McLeod, the inaugural director of this new center, the Adrienne Arsht-Rockefeller Foundation Resilience Center, explain how communities are doing so, in this enlightening conversation with Green Connections Radio podcast host Joan Michelson.
- Why climate “adaptation” is different than “mitigation.”
- How they are prioritizing initiatives they take on.
- Why they are looking at financial tools, technology and culture, as well as policy and infrastructure
- How they are choosing projects to take on.
- Why the role of women in the climate change challenge is so vital.
- And, great career advice, including from her previous experience as a C-level executive at Bank of America
This post was originally published on electicladiespodcast.com.