Our mission at COP27
As we look back on the hottest summer on record for the Northern Hemisphere, and as the Southern Hemisphere enters their heat season, the 2022 U.N. Conference of the Parties (COP27) in Egypt is a critical opportunity to catalyze bold and collective action to build the resilience of vulnerable communities to the growing health, economic, and equity impacts of climate-driven extreme heat.
Our mission at COP27 there is to accelerate knowledge sharing, deliver and discover new tools, and bring innovative finance & policy solutions to life to tackle extreme heat. We look forward to engaging, exchanging, and sharing insights on:
- mobilizing capital to deliver cooling and heat resilience across the globe
- gaming and virtual reality technologies that equip players to survive climate and thrive in the real world
- a timely and tangible take on financing adaptation with insurance
- a power-packed advocacy strategy that mobilizes mayors to deliver heat policy action at scale
Updates from COP27
Countdown to the “Cooling COP”: what we can learn from COP27
Arsht-Rock COP Climate Chats
Key moments from Sharm El Sheikh
- Many feel that limiting global warming to 1.5°C is now unattainable. Watch the live dispatch
- How games are informing decision makers on climate adaptation. Watch the live dispatch
- Nancy Pelosi and Kathy Castor talk climate and resilience with Kathy Baughman McLeod. Catch up on the event highlights
- Energy access inequalities and financial innovation for resilience. Catch up on the event highlights
- Harnessing the full capital continuum to address the impacts of extreme heat. Catch up on the event highlights
- Cities on the frontlines of extreme heat. Catch up on the event highlights
- The most fundamental plan for adaptation in a decade. Watch the live dispatch from the World Leaders Summit
- The future of gaming in the climate space. Listen to the podcast
- Arsht-Rock’s Director of Global Policy sets the scene for COP27.
Arsht-Rock Announces Felipe Calderón, Former President of Mexico, as First Global Ambassador for Heat Action at COP27
Arsht-Rock Announces the Cool Capital Stack: A $750 million Investment Pipeline to Protect the World from Extreme Heat
Arsht-Rock Partners with Marsh McLennan and UN Climate Change High-Level Champions to Advance Insurance Sector Action on Climate Adaptation
Our event lineup
Join us in person or online for our events at the COP27 Resilience Hub.
Cities taking the lead on heat action
Announcement: First Global Ambassador for Heat Action
The Cool Capital Stack: Investing in a world safe from extreme heat
High level announcement: Insurance and adaptation acceleration campaign
Addressing energy access inequalities through the clean energy transition & financial innovation for resilience
The COP Resilience Hub
At COP26 in Glawgow, Arsht-Rock co-managed the first-ever Resilience Hub. This year, we’re back as managing partner and proud co-host of the Hub— a virtual and physical space that aims to mobilize greater levels of ambition and action on building resilience to climate change.
In the spotlight:
Join our Virtual Reality experience at the Resilience Hub
This interactive Virtual Reality experience is designed specifically to connect world leaders with constituents and select possible outcomes of different policy choices that impact climate resilience in their city. Join us to explore your VR world at the Hub on:
November 10, 11, 14, 16, and 17: 2 – 6 PM EET
November 12: 9 AM – 1 PM EET
Discover our tools
Read our publications
Catch up on the latest news
What is the Conference of the Parties (COP)?
The COP is a global climate summit that brings together world leaders, negotiators, government representatives, businesses and citizens from nearly every country on earth nation to reach agreement on how to tackle climate change.
The COP seeks to accelerate global climate action through emissions reduction, scaled-up adaptation efforts and enhanced flows of appropriate finance.